Cheesman English Bulldogs
Purchase Agreement and One Year Health Guarantee
Date: _____________________________ Puppy Name: ______________________________________
Chip #: ____________________________ Price: ________________________
Re-Ex Conditions: ______________________________________________________________________
Phone Number: ________________________________________________________________________
Email Address: ________________________________________________________________________
CHEESMAN ENGLISH BULLDOGS, shall hereinafter be referred to as the Seller/Breeder. The original purchasing party, and solely the original purchasing party, shall hereinafter be referred to as the Buyer.
- The Buyer agrees that they: The Buyer must have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian with in four (4) days upon receiving the puppy, excluding weekends and Holidays. The buyer then has six (6) days to e-mail (email@example.com) a copy of the examination (vet report) to the Seller/Breeder. Failure to comply will render this guarantee null and void.
- The Buyer is responsible for the daily upkeep and wellbeing of the puppy. This includes properly feeding, watering, bathing, and any immunizations and examinations recommended after purchase by a licensed vet or Seller/Breeder. As well as providing necessary medications and follow-up treatments recommended by a licensed veterinarian (DVM). The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the Buyer must keep all receipts and records of all veterinarian checkups and immunizations in order for this guarantee to be in effect.
- In the unlikely event of the death of the puppy with in one (1) year from its birth due to genetics, the Seller/Breeder shall replace the puppy with another of equivalent value at no cost to the Buyer. The Buyer is responsible for the total shipping cost of the replacement puppy. If the Buyer declines the replacement puppy, then the Seller/Breeder shall be under no further obligation and it will be deemed that the Buyer has released the Seller/Breeder from any and all further claims.
- In the event of the death of the puppy due to genetics within the first year of birth, the Buyer must e-mail a copy of the findings from a licensed veterinarian, with in two (2) days (forty-eight (48) hrs)) after said death to the Seller/Breeder. NOTE: Findings from the vet must reference the puppy’s Chip #. If the Buyer fails to e-mail a copy of the findings from a licensed veterinarian with in two (2) days (forty-eight (48) hours), thisfailure to comply will render this guarantee null and void. All conditions set forth in paragraph 18 shall apply.
- In the event of a replacement puppy the Buyer is responsible for shipping cost, shipping crate, health certificate, and any additional costs. The original cost is only for the value of the puppy.
- This guarantee is non-transferable. All registration papers MUST be returned to Seller/Breeder if this guarantee is exercised. All puppies are sold as pet quality: no guarantee is made on disposition, size, color, markings, conformation, or breeding ability. Seller/Breeder sells puppies for companion purposes only.
- The Buyer pays $45.00 for the AKC puppy pack registration kit. Registration papers will be sent in by the Seller/Breeder once the buyer provides the final name of the puppy. Sending papers via mail could take up to 30 days. Any cost to obtain new or renewal registration papers is the sole responsibility of the Buyer. If the papers are lost the Seller/Breeder will assist the Buyer in obtaining new papers, at the Buyers expense.
- The Seller/Breeder makes reasonable efforts to provide accurate and up-to-date information on its web site regarding the puppies for sale. This information includes, but is not limited to: breeds, gender, color, date of birth, weight, parents’ weight, parents’ color, and registration. The Seller/Breeder is not responsible for negligent, misrepresentations, typographical, or photographical of any kind by the Seller/Breeder.
- Transportation of the puppy is arranged by the Seller/Breeder. Occasionally, there may be delays for numerous reasons including, but not limited to, weather, temperature restrictions, logistics, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen reason and events. The Buyer fully releases the Seller/Breeder from any and all liabilities arising directly or indirectly from any transportation delays, accidents or puppy damage that may cause the Buyer inconvenience or loss, whether financial or emotional. Usually, the puppy will ship within 7 to 14 days once the available date has arrived; but occasionally, a puppy may need additional time with the Seller/Breeder before shipping/delivery. The Seller/Breeder’s vet will make the final determination of the puppy’s ship/delivery date.
- The puppy will be current on all vaccinations and worming treatments that are applicable to the puppy’s age at the time of shipping/delivery. The puppy will be seen by a licensed veterinarian of the Seller/Breeder’s choice prior to shipping/delivery and will only be shipped/delivered if given a clean bill of health. A puppy is a living, breathing animal, so in the case that a puppy contracts a virus during shipping or transportation, the Seller/Buyer cannot be held responsible.
- The Buyer is aware that the puppy must have regular visits to a licensed veterinarian and the Buyer understands that he/she is responsible for all payments to the vet. This includes, but not excluding, vaccines, deworming, flea treatments, heart worm treatments, and regular check-ups. This is all part of owning a puppy, and small problems should be treated before they escalate in to bigger problems. ThenSeller/Breeder is not responsible for any veterinarian fees or costs. The guarantee will not cover neglect or improper care given by the Buyer.
- In the event of any litigation in connection with this contract, both the Seller/Breeder and the Buyer shall each be responsible for their own attorney’s fees and cost. The venue and jurisdiction for litigation arising out of or related to this contract shall lie exclusively in Peoria (Peoria County) Illinois. In the event the Buyer prevails in litigation, the total awarded value shall not exceed the value of the original purchase price.
- A deposit in the amount of $500.00 per puppy is required to hold the puppy. In the event the Buyer should decide to cancel prior to shipping, the $500.00 deposit will be retained to cover the Sellers/Breeder’s out-of-pocket expenses and overhead costs related to the transaction. In the event the puppy is not picked up once the puppy turns 8 weeks of age or the time agreed upon, the buyer will have 1 week from the date of the puppy turning 8 weeks of age to make arrangements for pickup. If Buyer fails to pick the puppy up or contact the Seller/Breeder to make extended arrangements, the Seller/Breeder will retain the deposit and re-sell the puppy.
- The Seller/Breeder will accept any returns of said puppy for any reason. This will be on a surrender basis only, with no refund or credit. The Buyer must pay for the additional shipping cost back to the Seller/Breeder.
- Puppies are covered for a period of one (1) year from the original purchase date. During this time, this guarantee does not cover what we consider normal in the breed, including, but not limited to: cherry eye, entropion, loose hips, hemivertebrae UFAW, skin allergies, elongated soft palate, small trachea, hip dysphasia, respiratory problems, inverted vulva, death or sickness due to a leptospirosis shot given prior to 16 weeks of age etc.
- The Buyer must keep the puppy on a superior food. The Seller/Breeder will not guarantee the puppy if fed a food that is based on corn meal. 1stingredient in any food should be a meat or meat meal, not corn or corn meal.
- This guarantee is non-transferable. The term Health Guarantee referred herein as a period of one (1) year from the puppy’s date of birth. In the event the puppy is found to have a congenital or genetic defect that adversely affects the health of the puppy/dog, a statement from 2 unrelated licensed veterinarians (DVM) of the Buyers choice confirming such issue is required before any action will be taken by the Seller/Breeder. The Seller/Breeder reserves the right to obtain a third licensed veterinarian’s opinion of the Seller/Breeders choosing to determine the congenital defect. If this guarantee is exercised and a replacement puppy is given, then the original puppy must be returned to the Seller/Breeder. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the Buyer. No replacement will be given if the dog (male or female) has been used for breeding. All laboratory verification must be done by a licensed veterinarian (DVM). No replacement will be given if the registration application form has expired. No replacement will be given for breeds that are known to be prone to hip dysphasia, are overweight, or are over-exercised. Failure of the Buyer to provide the puppy with timely, regular veterinary care will void and null this guarantee. This guarantee does not cover any Veterinarian costs. The Buyer understands that owning a puppy involves frequent visits to a Licensed Veterinarian and that he/she will be responsible for all payments. Health issues that can be treated with medication or surgery are not covered by this Guarantee including, but not limited to: intestinal parasites (Giardia, tapeworms, hookworms, coccidiosis, roundworms, or ringworm); Hypoglycemia, low blood sugar, or sugar shock; Allergies; Cherry eye; Herniations (inguinal, diaphragmatic or perineal); Hemivertebrae UFAW; Heart murmur (grades 1-3); Patella luxation (grades 1-3).This guarantee does not cover any veterinarian costs associated with spaying or neutering, including un-descended testes. Failure to obtain all receipts will void this guarantee. All dogs must not be over-exercised during their growth period. Over-exercising is as follows: running with the dog or jumping the dog. The dog must be in good physical condition. All the above-mentioned conditions must be met or all guarantees above-mentioned will be null and void. This guarantee does not cover temperament issues as they can be caused by a number things, such as lack of discipline, proper dog socialization, or lack of training. The Buyer is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the Seller/Breeder. If within one (1) year from the date of purchase the dog is established and certified by two (2) licensed Veterinarian doctors to have congenital or hereditary disorders which adversely affect the health of the animal, and if Seller/Breeder is notified within two (2) business days of the Veterinarians’ determination, the Seller/breeder will provide a replacement puppy equivalent to the original value of the puppy at the time a replacement comes available. The Seller/Breeder is not responsible for any Veterinarian fees, shipping costs or any other associated costs.
- The Buyer agrees that if for any reason they cannot keep the puppy and need to surrender the puppy, they will not for any reason give it to a pet shelter, Humane Society or rescue of any kind without first giving the Seller/Breeder first right to pick the puppy up. Regardless of age or location, the Seller/Breeder will always have the first right to the puppy in the event of surrender.
- Faxes and Online agreements are as Originals: Both parties agree that faxes and/or online agreements of signed documents shall be considered the original signatures for purpose of validity, including credit card transactions.
- The Buyer and Seller/Breeder acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and that it is superseded and cancel all previous written and oral agreements and communications relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
I, the purchaser (Buyer) of a puppy from Cheesman English Bulldogs, hereby acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this document. I agree that I am 18 years of age or older and have the right to purchase this puppy. Further, I accept the terms and conditions of the guarantee for congenital or hereditary disorders printed in this document, and I waive and relinquish any other rights that I might otherwise have in the event of such occurrence. The failure of not following the procedure outlined above will result in the cancellation of this guarantee. No cash or credit card refunds.
BUYER SIGNATURE: ________________________________________________________
CO-BUYERS SIGNATURE: ____________________________________________________